Thank you for visiting The Dr Carol Show! Our weekly radio program and all our resources are designed to help you connect with God in every area of your life – in body, mind, and soul. We hope you enjoy! And I’d love to hear from you. —- Dr Carol
July the 19th: Dr Carol and Al talk about the purpose of all our religious activity, and what God really wants from us. We talk about the primary message of the gospel to both respectable and unrespectable people, and how that should change our perception of people we may not “like.” We talk about the difference being a Christian should be making in our lives.
A CHRISTIAN? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? -
Dr. Carol’s weekly Memo: “Today I want to tell you a story. Once upon a time there was a shoemaker who knew a lot about making shoes. And as he looked around his town, he saw all the children walking around without any decent shoes. When they went to play their feet would get cut on the rocks, and when winter came their feet would get so cold.
The shoemaker had a good heart, and he was sad that the children’s feet would get cut on the rocks when they went to play, and would get so cold in the winter.
So he decided to build a shoe factory. He hired a builder to build a building for the factory. He found a supplier to bring him the leather he would need to make the shoes. He crafted some molds of the children’s feet so he could know what sizes of shoes they would need. He sharpened his awl, his knives, and his other instruments. And soon people were coming to tour his beautiful new shoe factory.
But day after day and week after week there were no shoes. The children had started to hope for shoes, and asked the shoemaker when they would be coming. “Soon,” said the shoemaker, “soon!” And still the children waited.
But the weeks turned into months, and the children’s feet still got cut on the rocks when they went to play, and when winter came their feet still got so cold.
I don’t want you to be like that shoemaker. As Christians, we can boast about our beautiful churches, and about how much we know about the Bible. We can feel bad about both our own feet that are cut and freezing, and about the cold and bruised feet of others who we may talk to about God. We may hope, even promise, that we’ll get better “soon,” and that we’ll help others get better “soon.”
But if our own lives are not being changed by the gospel, we’re no better than that shoemaker promising shoes for the children, but never actually making them. If all our religious activity is not making us into the kind of people we were meant to be, who else will ever want to join us in the shoe factory? ….”
For Dr Carol’s video about the Shoe Factory, CLICK HERE.
- 1 Corinthians 6:11 “And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
- Matthew 5:13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
- Luke 3:10 So the people asked him, saying, “What shall we do then?” He answered and said to them, “He who has two tunics, let him give to him who has none; and he who has food, let him do likewise.” Then tax collectors also came to be baptized, and said to him, “Teacher, what shall we do?” And he said to them, “Collect no more than what is appointed for you.” Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?” So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.”
- Philippians 2:12,13 “Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.”
- Dr Carol’s post: The Gospel Is Not For Wimps!
This is only a sample of resources available. Keep looking until you find some help!
As we say every week on the program, “May God richly bless you. Now Go, and Live Well!”
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.