Thank you for visiting The Dr Carol Show! Our weekly radio program and all our resources are designed to help you connect with God in every area of your life – physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual. We hope you enjoy! And I’d love to hear from you. —- Dr Carol
Coming March 8th: Every one of us will experience grief in the loss of a loved one, if we haven’t already. How do you make it through that journey? What roll does God play in that journey for a believer? All that and more, including resources to help with the journey of grief, on this program.
Question: What is helping you in YOUR journey of grief?
March 1st: Dr Carol and Al talk about connecting with God through prayer, dealing with times when it seems God is not answering, and ways in which God often answers prayer. Dr Carol and several callers talk about specific times when God has answered prayer. We share some reasons prayer may seem challenging, and offer some specific tips on making your prayer life more successful.
PRAYER AND COMMUNICATION -
Dr. Carol’s weekly Memo: “When we talk about prayer, are you one of those who just wants to crawl under your chair? Let’s be honest: sometimes you just don’t feel like praying! Unless of course you’re one of those incredibly spiritual super-saints who is always perfect. If that’s you, perhaps we all need to learn from you!
But for the rest of us, sometimes prayer seems more like a struggle than a conversation, more like a duty than connecting with your Best Friend.
Perhaps there are all those “SHOULD” messages in your brain, screaming that you’re a spiritual failure because you can’t seem to pray all the time. Or you try to pray, but your words, or lack thereof, just seem to bounce off the ceiling.
Let’s take this discussion of prayer out of the religious arena, and talk about it where you and I live every day. If God wants to talk with you, and wants you to talk with Him, how do we get there? …“
(Watch this short video to see ways in which you already know how to pray better than you think.)
- James 5:13-16 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
- Dr Carol’s post: When You Don’t Feel Like Praying
- Dr Carol’s post: Why Don’t I Feel Like Praying?
- Dr Carol’s post: When It’s OK To Ask God For Things
- Dr Carol’s post: 10 Ways You Communicate That Can Be Prayer
This is only a sample of resources available. Keep looking until you find some help!
As we say every week on the program, “May God richly bless you. Now Go, and Live Well!”
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.