This is a great way to get your omega-3s as well. This recipe serves 4. And one serving has only 195 calories.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb thick white fillet of fish, cut into 4 portions (cod, snapper, thick flounder, or thick tilapia)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 small zucchini, 4-6 inches long, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken or fish stock
- 4 very ripe plum tomatoes, chopped 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat sauté pan and lightly film with olive oil. Sauté shallot and garlic until shallot starts to become translucent. Add zucchini and sauté 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add fish and sauté until golden on each side. Add white wine or stock to deglaze pan. Add chopped tomatoes and fresh basil. Heat thoroughly.
- Serve with a pasta, rice, couscous, or crusty whole-grain Italian bread.
How’s that for an easy dinner?
This recipe is one of the summer seafood recipes from Recipes for Healthy Living from the American Diabetes Association.
If you have a recipe to share, let me know. I’d love to hear from you! And you just might make the Dr Carol Show Cooking section!
If you enjoy these posts, why not receive them in your email inbox? You can sign up with your email address right here:
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.