You may be doing things now to stay healthy. And you want what you do to be effective, whether it’s nutrition, supplements, a workout program, or more. This week we have some wellness resources to suggest, as well as information on Alzheimer’s, summer tick-born diseases, and more.
1. CR Wellness Corp: Catherine Rudat’s wellness corporation offers individualized exercise and nutrition prescriptions for individuals, wellness programs for companies, and more. Write her at firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask for the free weekly e-newsletter full of fun and practical wellness info.
2. Alzheimer’s disease is a big fear of many, but a number of resources can help. Alzheimer’s Disease Caregiver’s Questionnaire: a free online assessment tool for loved ones and caregivers if you are concerned your loved one may have Alzheimer’s disease. The Alzheimer’s Association: information on research, clinical trials, advocacy, and more.
3. 3 in 4 Need More. More preparation for long-term care in the future, that is. Dr Marion Somers PhD is completing a cross-country tour highlighting the need for every citizen to be more prepared for the likely need for long-term care. Info sheets and other resources present on this site.
4. Consumer Labs. Supplements of any kind – vitamins, minerals, herbal products, etc. – are not controlled by the FDA as medications are. There can be a huge difference between the quality of brands, lots, etc. Consumer Labs does require a subscription to access all full reports, but the information is extensive.
5. This summer has seen a large increase in some tick and mosquito-born diseases in some parts of the country. Here’s more information from Vanderbilt University on Bug Bites and Stings, and on Safely Removing Ticks.
6. Fair Health Consumer Cost Lookup. Prices for medical services can vary greatly within a very small geographical area. This site will help you estimate your health care costs whether or not you have health insurance.
If you enjoy these posts, why not consider receiving them in your inbox? You can sign up with your email address right here:
And join us regularly on the Dr Carol Show! You can listen live at www.drcarolshow.com.
I’d love to hear from you. If you have other resources to suggest, let us know. You just might make the Dr Carol Show Resources page!
P.S. I am so excited to be a part of the D.R.I.F.T. 2012 Conference dedicated to stopping domestic violence. I’m one of the speakers on the final day, and I’d love to see you there. And it’s FREE!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.